New Product Introduction Engineer
BAE is seeking a strong Engineer with manufacturing experience to join the New Product Introduction Engineering team in the STS Business Area across the New Hampshire Campus. The individual should have previous experience supporting Design To Unit Production Cost (DTUPC) and Unit Production Cost (UPC) initiatives, a working knowledge of manufacturing best practices, and experience supporting and influencing manufacturbility, testability, and affordability of designs from inception through maturity preferably in an Electronics Manufacturing environment. A thorough understanding of and familiarity with manufacturing learning curves is a must. Previous experience with sensor systems, high powered laser systems, complex electronic control units, fiber-optic technology, and various other IR/EO technologies is desired but not required.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Strong Engineering background
- Experience supporting programs across all stages of the product lifecycle
- Providing a critical base of knowledge and expertise for the development of highly manufacturable and maintainable products
- Partnering and collaborating with Engineering, Operations, and Supply Chain throughout product life cycle
- Driving a producible architecture in early product life
- Interpreting and applying manufacturing learning curve and improvement strategies across multiple programs and product lines.
- Providing Subject Matter Expert level knowledge of DTUPC development and execution strategies across various stages of product life cycles.
- Providing active support and strategic solutions to DTUPC, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Test (DFT), UPC type activities.
- Understanding of cost drivers and how to mitigate them inclusive of test yield, manufacturing yield, scrap, etc.
- Working with teams to develop affordability solutions that coincide with identified DTUPC efforts.
- Identifying Hours Per Unit (HPU) reduction opportunities applicable to low rate and full rate production factories considering assembly processes, hardware designs, test effectiveness, etc.
- Supporting proposal and cost evaluation activities to support linking DTUPC and Price to Win targets.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top