Network / Telecommunications Analyst
The qualified candidate will utilize their knowledge of networks and telecommunications to manage critical command and control communications supporting global Department of Defense (D0D) missions with particular focus on Airborne Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (AISR) customer needs. They will participate in developing fit for purpose technical solutions focused on providing cost effective yet robust communications to meet user demands. Coordinate circuit activations/upgrades with customers and Circuit Activation Teams. Maintain AISR circuit database and supply information to SharePoint sites. Review and manage Telecommunication Service Order(s) (TSO) using TCOSS, WWOLS-R and Store Front. The selected individual will be responsible for maintaining diversity requirements in the DISN Optical Network and by completing diversity study’s on all AISR circuits. Coordination with customer on documentation of required diversity in TSO. Perform bandwidth analysis and recommend network modifications to AISR hub locations worldwide. They will perform network analysis to ensure continued network efficiencies, service reliability, and identify potential issues. This position will require the selectee to closely coordinate planned service interruptions and/or upgrades to prevent potential mission impacts.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Expert understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expertise in one or more of the following: Routers; Crypto devices; SATCOM, Routing, Network appliances (CSU, DSU, etc), DSN/DRSN, ATM, Optical (SONET/SDH)
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment
- Requires expertise in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, Nortel, Avaya, Cienna or Marconi
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms
- Requires experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher baseline certification which is a GSEC, Security+(CE), SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED certification
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance
Preferred Skills and Education ITIL V3 certification
Cisco and/or other related certification
Working knowledge of and experience with TCOSS, WWOLS-R and Store Front is desired About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top