Network Engineer Senior / Technical Lead (ISE, WAAS, ACI)
Design and implement complex networking solutions over a large enterprise level network. The person should be able to troubleshoot difficult or chronic problems and identifies both short and long term solutions. In addition, this person will define network standards and create documentation to support these standards.
- Designs and plans network communications systems.
- Provides specifications and detailed drawings for network architecture.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer
- hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, switches etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Provides technical leadership.
- Ensures that the BAE Systems WAN and LANs are operating efficiently and optimal, so that all service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved.
- Lead small and medium size project initiatives and provides technical expertise to network staff.
- Develop diagrams of networks using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical
- Identify customer requirements and design moderately complex network systems.
- Lead or participate in planning and assessment project phases and lead/assist with project design/implementation phases.
- Conduct feasibility studies and participates in the development of technical standards.
This position can be located in any BAE locations such as: Austin-TX, Charlotte-NC, Nashua-NH, York-PA, Reston-VA.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Effectively communicate with customers and technical staff to troubleshoot and resolve complex network problems
- Experience with supporting Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Experience with supporting Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Experience with supporting Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) appliance
- Experience with supporting A10 load balancers
- Experience with MPLS WAN technologies including troubleshooting, installation and upgrading network circuits
- Manage the installation and upgrade of network hardware.
- Follow process and template documentation to configure and install networking hardware.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Create and maintain documentation (standards, best practices) for supported technologies.
- Maintain project status and tracking
- Create Bill of Materials (BOMs) as well as other related documentation for various projects and tasks.
- Evaluate network requirements and make technical recommendations
- Experience with the latest Cisco hardware and networking technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in a large enterprise network
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Experience with supporting Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top