BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the government, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are looking for experienced Network Engineers to join our technology-based program supporting a key government customer. This program will deliver engineering services for network infrastructure as well as sophisticated enterprise computing infrastructure including end-point devices, data center hosted servers, multi-Cloud services as well as virtualized applications, and storage systems. Enterprise Computing Engineering services include modern application technology with containerized solutions and orchestrated workflow that function both on customer premise, and via remote Cloud services. Network infrastructure engineering services are comprised of core infrastructure, voice and video engineering, field engineering, application management and development for networks, network analytics, firewalls, network access controls and bandwidth service delivery. This is a fast paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience to recruit and develop provide top talent and solutions on one of the most complex and high profile programs within the government.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
We are actively seeking Network Engineers with a minimum of 11 years' experience. Bachelor's or Master's Degrees are preferred in one or more of the disciplines described below where specific skills may include the following...
- TCP/IP transport network design and engineering, network routing protocols, advanced virtual networking technologies
- Performing upgrades and performing routine network operations and maintenance (O&M).
- Identifying and implementing INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the network.
- Complex configuration management techniques and requirements for managing network systems
- Network operating and maintenance concepts and methods used to troubleshoot network problems for LAN, WAN, VPN, SD-WAN and VoIP
- Cisco IOS, including switching, routing, segment routing and other technologies
- Radio Frequency (RF) and spectrum engineering
- Optical networking technology and engineering
- Satellite communications engineering
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Variety of network technologies and solution architectures
- Broad understanding of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the networking field.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art systems engineering principles and network design concepts
- Virtualization experience (VDI & VMWare)
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Security best practices and implementing firewalls and perimeter security measures including VPN technologies
- Continuous integration, test automation and / or SecDevOps on iterative development projects
- Agile Development methodologies
- Cisco Certifications: CCNA or CCNP
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.