Network Engineer helping lead network engineering activities for our team in supporting the G2 Army MI Enterprise contact which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems. This position is for the Ft. Bragg location in support of the Ground Intelligence Support Activity (GISA).
- Senior team member of network and hardware professionals in support of Datacenter operations.
- Plan and architect complex networking designs and solutions for a Datacenter operation.
- Provide network engineering oversight.
- Prepare and deliver network diagrams and charts.
- Update primary customer and stakeholders of network health, changes, etc. of Datacenter and WAN configurations and
- Install, configure, and manage Cisco networking devices consisting of Campus and Datacenter switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Monitor device and network health, configurations, information assurance patching.
- Assist with network upgrades, site expansions, accreditations, and cable plant installations.
- Assist with mentoring more junior network administrators and hardware technicians with regard to network operations.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education •Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree.
- Experience supporting Cisco UCS and Nexus platforms.
- Currently possess valid CCNA certification.
- Currently possess DOD 8570 certification at IAT II level, Security+ce or higher.
- Currently possess an active DOD security clearance. Preferred Skills and Education
- Solar Winds experience.
- Current CCNP certification.
- Experience managing WAN connections to include HAIPE encryption devices.
- Previous experience supporting Army Intelligence units.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top