The Network Engineer will reside at Naval Station Guantanamo Bay and provide services consisting of continuous technical support during working hours and rapid remediation in the event of failures, both during working hours as well as possible after-hours support. Will ned to be flexible, multi-skilled and able to respond to changing priorities (equipment installation and support, software installation, resolution escalation procedures, etc.). Will interface with technical and non-technical individuals from within the company, other contractors, and Government customers to establish fiber optic and copper-based connectivity.
- Provide information system test, modification, installation, implementation, security, and documentation to meet the evolving system requirements and reporting needs of programs and management
- Configure, monitor and maintain Microsoft servers, physical and virtual network switches and routers, Active Directory and workstation connectivity on the network
- Perform routine network administration tasks such as opening/closing of network ports
- Respond to incidents elevated from the Enterprise Desktop Support and Information Assurance Management section related to network matters/security incidents and resolve the incidents as directed
- Monitor the Enterprise Operations Console, and document and report network related incidents, looking for indications of network related incidents
- Apply DISA STIGs to network hardware
- Evaluates operational problems and recommends improvement to the network AD operations
- Performs feasibility studies in order to develop or modify information systems to meet user network and/or telecommunication requirements. Provides technical advice to users and examines/evaluates alternative means of satisfying user requirements.
Transportation to/from Guantanamo Bay, lodging, per diem, and a rental car will be provided for this position. A mobile phone will be provided for after-hours emergency support.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Typical Education & Experience
High school diploma and a minimum of 8 years of network support experience
Required Skills and Education
- High school diploma and a minimum of 8 years of network support experience
- Active security clearance and ability to maintain
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience with IT installations in classified environments
- Extensive installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of network components
- Well versed with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint)
- Flexibility to work on several projects concurrently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in developing complex technical solutions
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top