The Network Engineer will perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks. Additionally he/she will conduct advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Provide network engineering, management, administration, and infrastructure implementation on enterprise and regionalized networks as needed.
- Develop and manage the deployment and administration of network assets, configuration, performance, and security through the use network management toolsets and administrative functions.
- Develop, for Government approval, technical solutions including copper and fiber into a diverse architecture for all current and legacy customers.
- Develop test plans for network hardware and software solutions.
- Categorize and resolve network issues by identifying, validating, isolating, and correcting faults and verifying service restoration with customers.
- Design and implement core network configuration, installation and management of data services at the network hardware and software operating systems level; Maintain operational availability of network services.
- Oversee the administration and management of network IP address space, domain name system (DNS), dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP), and Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure.
- Perform the installation, testing, troubleshooting, programming, maintenance, repair of network switches and routers, power, and computer data circuits and related apparatus required to support the network infrastructure.
- Collaborate with network subject matter experts (SME) to ensure the ESCs conform to client’s network standards.
Contribute to the design, configuration and support of the Enterprise solutions for Backup, Disaster Recovery, Storage Area Network/Network Attached Storage/Directly Attached Storage (SAN/NAS/DAS). Provide support and guidance to ensure cleint network and configuration management policies are followed.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Must possess and maintain an active security clearance.
- 3 years of relevant technical experience in network engineering activities such as the configuration and problem isolation of local and wide area networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering).
- An additional three years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top