Network Engineer 3
- Albuquerque, NM
BAE Systems is looking for a highly qualified and self-motivated Network Engineer for the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position will support the US Space Force (USSF) Space and Missile Systems Center Innovation and Prototyping Directorate, to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. This position directly supports experimental and operational satellite missions.
- Using and incorporating broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols
- Providing the customer technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of network solutions using advanced understanding of network theory and maintaining specific enterprise network architecture
- Establishing overall strategic network standards and priorities to maintain the network baseline
- Analyzing the optimization of network systems performance
- Maintaining the strategic interface of network systems configuration and troubleshooting system-wide issues
- Providing high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources on which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs. All work is completed on a cross-functional Development/O&S Team utilizing the Scrum framework, Agile engineering and DevOps processes.
- Recommending network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Using knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools. (Solar Winds, Wireshark, etc)
- Network hardware installation, moves, & uninstalls of routers, firewalls, UPS, and network racks in operational and test lab environments.
This individual will work on a Team comprised of fellow Network Engineers, Systems Administrators, Software Developers and Software Testers who utilize lifecycle management frameworks, such as Scrum and Agile, to complete new IT projects and maintain existing infrastructure.
This individual will be responsible for the monitoring and support of Network Infrastructure & Virtual Server Environments (Network Infrastructure: Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, & VPN's) and (Server Environment: Servers, Storage Area Networks, & VMware) and should be able to troubleshoot, install, implement and administer network systems. This individual will ensure planned testing activities are executed, develop network security guidelines and configure Cisco IOS equipment including routers, switches and firewalls. Network Monitoring will include analyzing network activity and problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
Required Skills and Education
- Must possess an active Secret security clearance with eligibility to obtain and maintain TS SCI
- Must possess DoD 8570 baseline certification CCNA or CCNA/Cyber certifications
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management, configuration control
- Record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
- Bachelors degree plus five years' experience
- Advanced degree (Master's) in science and technology related disciplines such as Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, and Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Seasoned communicator with demonstrated record of success in leadership, followership, and working with contract representatives and government sponsors.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top