BAE Systems is looking for a highly qualified and self-motivated Network Engineer. Your responsibilities will include oversight and technical direction of system-wide issues requiring advanced levels of understanding of network theory and the specific enterprise network architecture; establishing overall strategic network standards and priorities; providing the highest level of technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of network solutions; analyzing the optimization of network systems performance; overseeing the strategic interface of network systems configuration; using and incorporating broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols. Additionally, provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources on which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs. All work is completed on a cross-functional Development/O&S Team utilizing the Scrum framework, Agile engineering and DevOps processes.
Candidates will work on a Team comprised of fellow Network Engineers, a Systems Integrator, Systems Administrators, Software Developers and Software Testers who utilize lifecycle management frameworks, such as Scrum and Agile, to complete new IT projects and maintain existing infrastructure.
Candidates will be responsible for the monitoring and support of Network Infrastructure & Virtual Server Environments which include: (Network Infrastructure: Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, & VPN's) and (Server Environment: Servers, Storage Area Networks,& VMware). Applicants should be able to trouble shoot, install, Implement and administer network systems. Candidates will ensure planned testing activities are executed, develop network security guidelines and configure Cisco IOS equipment including routers, switches and firewalls. Network Monitoring will include analyzing network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Candidate may be required to recommend network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance. Knowledge of Enterprise system monitoring and management tools. Responsible for network hardware installation, moves, & uninstalls including servers, switches, routers, firewalls, KVMs, SANS, UPS, & Network Racks in Production & LAB environments.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
The candidate must have an Active Intel Security clearance with a Favorable Polygraph. Candidate will not be considered without it.
- Expertise with Cisco networking equipment, to include Cisco Catalyst switches
- Expertise with Cisco Firewalls, to include Cisco ASA 5525/5505/5506 type equipment
- Expertise with Cisco IOS and/or NXOS
- Knowledgeable in the OSI model
- Knowledgeable in layer 2 protocols, to include; VLANs, Trunking, Etherchannel, 802.1p&q, etc.
- Knowledgeable in layer 3 protocols, such as; VLAN and Port IP interfaces, routing protocols, and firewall rules
- Knowledgeable in basic and advanced ACL's
- Knowledgeable in crypto-map configuration
- Ability to use verbal and written communication skills to present information to a diverse population (technical and non-technical)
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Strong documentation skills
- Knowledge of Communications and Information Security policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working on remote Systems via use of command line
- Ability to provide innovative solutions for routine issues and tasks
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience with AWS networking conceps and technologies
- Willingness to learn and implement Infrastructure-as-Code, Scrum framework, Lean principles, Agile engineering, CI/CD.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top