Network Engineer to facilitate In-Service Engineering teams executing hardware engineering, software development and installation execution tasking using Agile Scrum processes for the Littoral Combat Ship Combat System Hardware Engineering Support contract.
The selected individual must be a motivated team player with excellent written and oral communication skills. All candidates should have a proven track record of being able to plan, prioritize, and deliver assigned projects on time.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the technology industry with emphasis on a blend of IP
networking (LAN and WAN) and Unified Communications knowledge and skills.
- Experience with VMware Virtualization software technology, Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008
R2, Red Hat Linux.
- Experience with HBSS enhancing the security posture of the network primarily with Host Intrusion
Prevention System (HIPS) signatures and data loss prevention (DLP) policies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain close customer relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of STIG's, IAVAM's, ACAS and WSUS.
- Industry certifications are highly desirable and could include CISSP, RHCSA, MSCE: Security,
MCITP:Enterprise Admin, and ITIL V3.
Familiarity with DISA STIG Viewer, DISA STIGS, DoD 8500.2 IA Controls, and the eMASS system.
Proficient with MS Office Suite.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar degree
Current Security +
- Experience with Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Experience with Windows 2003, 2007, 2008 Server and/or Cisco Switches
- Experience with Apache and/or Microsoft Information Services (IIS)
- Experience with VMware vCenter Protect or equivalent patch management application
- Experience and/or familiarity with VMware hosts and Virtual Servers
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top