Network Eng Sr Prin II
BAE Systems is searching for a Principle Network Engineer in our Austin, TX location to design and implement complex networking solutions over a large enterprise level network. Troubleshoots difficult or chronic problems and identifies both short and long term solutions. The person will define network standards and create documentation to support these standards. In addition this person will should have technical leadership and communication skills to interface with other Information Technology teams.
- Designs and plans WAN, LAN and datacenter network communications systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, load balancers, Wide Area Optimization devices, switches etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Provides technical leadership.
- Ensure that the BAE Systems WAN, LAN and datacenters are operating efficiently and optimal, so that all service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved.
- Lead medium and large size project initiatives and provides technical expertise to network staff. Develop diagrams of networks using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical
- Identify customer requirements and design moderately complex network systems.
- Lead or participate in planning and assessment project phases and lead/assist with project design/implementation phases.
- Conduct feasibility studies and participates in the development of technical standards and documentation.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top