Network Administrator: F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS)
BAE Systems has a requirement for a Network Administrator to provide support to a Commercial network deployment on a US Government installation. Position requires strong working knowledge of layer 2 and 3 networking along with production and administrative procedures for a highly visible F-35 program location.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as Network Site Support Administrator on the F-35 ALIS Extranet team.
- Assisting Extranet Team Lead with determining associated IT needs
- Reviewing network schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates
- Coordinating F-35 Extranet equipment installations with the local Communications facilities.
- Generating system documentation including: Diagrams, Rack Elevations, Plate/Panel Details, Electrical load specification
- Troubleshooting F-35 ALIS program equipment and supporting network equipment
- Field testing of F-35 ALIS program network equipment
- Project Management to support F-35 ALIS network expansion and migration
- Provide technical training and supervision to teammates and clients.
- Work with customers and internal personnel to manage related IT projects and provide customer service and technical support
- Provide tiered troubleshooting within the scope of a Problem Management and Network Management System in support of Contractor Logistics Support and F-35 ALIS program personnel
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates must have an Active security clearance
Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience OR Associate's Degree and 7 years of experience OR High School Diploma/GED and 11 years of experience.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
2) Good Communication & Verbal skills
3) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
4) Must hold an active DoD clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
5) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
6) Must be able to obtain and retain DoD IAT Level II certification
7) Prior Network administrator experience
- Experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking.
- Experience in both Windows and Unix/Linux systems administration and operating systems.
- Experience with network routers, switches, taps and firewalls.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prepare designs for networks in relation to intrusion detection systems.
- Ability to build and work with Network modeling tools
- Demonstrated experience with the management, design, and installation of servers, routers, switches, and network taps in a business environment.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with network hardware including but not limited to Juniper/Cisco switches, routers and Net Optics taps.
- Demonstrated PC and networking skills, including NetMeeting, conferencing servers.
- Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
- Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations.
Preferred Skills and Education
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Certified in Security+
4) Demonstrated network administration skills, to include:
- ability to provide high-level network, systems administration and technology management.
- development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience
- Expertise developing and maintain training materials.
- utilizing vendor relationships to support Extranet expansion and technology refresh.
- administration, troubleshooting and maintenance for network systems.
- Certifications in the following Environments: Unix, MS-, NT-, X-Windows, Linux, CCNA
- knowledge of spanning technology in switches.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top