The Network Administrator will perform administration duties for networking hardware including routers, switches, hubs, gateways, access points, network interface cards, networking cables, network bridges, modems, ISDN adapters, firewalls and other related network hardware.
- Administer the configuration and performance of network assets at the respective Enterprise Service Center (ESC), and ensure network infrastructure connectivity through network management toolsets and administrative functions.
- Categorize and resolve network issues by validating, isolating, and correcting faults and verifying service restoral with customers.
- Perform installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of network switches and routers, power, and computer data circuits and related apparatus and peripherals required to maintain network infrastructure.
- Provide core network services configuration, installation, and administration of data services at the network hardware and software operating system level. Maintain operational availability of network services. The devices shall provide core, distribution, and access level services on the network.
- Work with the team, and other ESC network specialists to ensure ESCs conform to program standards. Ensure technical standards, specifications, and engineering directives are followed.
- Implement program Enterprise network management, control, administration, and infrastructure implementation.
- Manage the technical and system implementation and sustainment of the program’s Enterprise Network.
- Manage the deployment and operation of network assets, configuration, performance, and security through the use of network management toolsets and administrative functions.
- Provide technical solutions, including copper and fiber into a heterogeneous, manageable system for new and existing customers.
- Provide lead network management input into the Enterprise Contingency Operations Plan and represent respective service in Enterprise Configuration Control Board (ECCB) meetings.
- Develop a test plan and environment for SW/HW solutions introduced to the Enterprise lab for consideration. Conduct tests for resolution of implementation shortfalls or non- performance.
- Control and manage network IP address space, domain name system (DNS), dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP), and Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure.
Work with team and ESC technology leads to ensure the Enterprise conforms to program network standard.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
3+ years of relevant technical experience in the administration of network equipment.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering).
- An additional 4 years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Skills and Education
- Must possess and maintain an active security clearance.
Proven expertise in the following toolsets: Orion Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Network Configuration Manager (NCM) and Enterprise Operations Console (EOC), Computer Associates NetQoS, and CISCO Secure.
- Firm grasp and knowledge of fiber and copper-based Ethernet technologies, capabilities and cabling and their connectivity to local and wide area networks.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top