- Augusta, GA
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place.
We're ready for any challenge - are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The Network Administrator serves as the responsible person for all network operations issues. The position will support data center and cloud networking at the customer location. Network Systems Administrator will maintain, document, test, and implement networking components and VLANs to support data, voice, video and unified communications that will scale to several sites worldwide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
• Serve as first escalation point for Service Desk on issues related to Network environment within the Desktop solution
• Installs, maintains, and troubleshoot complex high availability network hardware and software
• Maintain and support voice gateways and session border controllers
• Support multiple voice and video technologies and troubleshoot and isolate issues
• Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedural documentation Maintain documentation of all processes associated with administration of the network.
Shift work may be required
Required Skills and Education
• 4+ years of experience to include the following areas:
- Supporting and maintaining network infrastructure (Cisco, Juniper, Force10, etc)
- Knowledge of Linux (RedHat, CentOS)
- VoIP (Asterisk, Cisco Call Manager Express)
• Functional knowledge and/or experience with Access Control Lists, TCP/IP, VLAN, VRF, Port Security, IP Multicast, routing and switching
• Experience troubleshooting L2/L3 issues
Preferred Skills and Education
• One of the following certifications: CCNA, Network+
• Background in Information Security
• Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco Nexus swithes, application delivery controllers and firewall management.
• DOD 8570 certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top