At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community, driven to improve our future, protect our freedom - and what matters.
Join a 24x7 engineering support team responding to mission systems critical to our nation's national security. You will be a member of an engineering team who detects, isolates and resolves ground segment problems and serves a first responder to all site issues. You'll be able to bring your broad level of skills and knowledge to high-priority systems across a critical multi-location enterprise.
As an important member of the team, you will help to:
- Ensure that all technical baseline infrastructure is maintained at an optimal level to meet mission needs
- Monitor, recognize evaluate, and correct system and network problems
- Maintain a privileged user level of access across numerous high priority systems
- Interface daily with government and partner country senior leadership, system operators and engineers at site and across the enterprise
- Interpret system documentation and record problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools
- Collect important data describing the environment at time of the failure
- Serve as a focal point for monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving anomalies - perform routine software functions as required
- Escalate problems to Tier 2 level as required
- Coordinate with resources across the enterprise to resolve operational issues
- Work with other 24x7 engineering crew across multiple locations providing enterprise level maintenance support to resolve customer issues
- Provides necessary mentorship, guidance, and training of entry level engineering crew
- Shift work - 12-Hour shifts 0600-1800, 1800-0600, 3 days on, 3 days off. Shifts rotate every 3 months.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Qualified candidates must have current and active TS/SCI
- Minimum 3 years direct experience providing enterprise monitoring and technical support; or AA Degree in a related technical discipline
- Ability to troubleshoot operational systems supported by this program
- Broad knowledge of high priority systems across a multi-location enterprise
- Requires good communication skills to effectively and accurately exchange information with customers and team members across a multi-location enterprise
- Must be able to work a non-standard work week, weekends, and holidays; 12-hour shift work expected in support of 24x7 operations.
- Must have a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification, Security+ Certification
- System administration experience to include UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Management Systems to include HP OpenView, and CA based Concord
- Experience with virtualization technologies and software such as VMware
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top