Network Administration Spec
A Network Administrator (Level 3) will be responsible for day-to-day Operations, Maintenance, and Sustainment of the database resources support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). The Network Administrator will maintain, document, test, and implement networking components and VLANs to support data, voice, video and unified communications that will scale to several sites worldwide.
A Database Administrator (Level 3) The DBA will be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the Production environment. He or she will also be responsible for standard maintenance of the databases. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as an escalation point for Jr. System Engineers & System Administrators for all issues related to the Network environment within the NMEC
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoot complex high availability network hardware and software
- Configure and support voice gateways and session border controllers.
- Maintain multiple voice and video technologies and troubleshoot and isolate issues
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedural documentation
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Identify issues and create improvement processes to help with the reduction of incident outage times
- Develop and maintain documentation of all processes associated with administration of the network and duties performed by network administrators
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures related to the maintenance of the NMEC databases
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve database operations, and develop recommendations accordingly.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top