Network Admin Sr
-Supports the overall development and design of the network environment Executes the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of the core network infrastructure (firewalls, routers, switches)
-Maintains security and availability monitoring solutions for both systems and network infrastructure Troubleshoots, evaluates, and resolves network service device, network security devices, and telecommunications services.
-Provides recommendations to mitigate future issues.
-Supports development teams throughout project lifecycles.
-Applies system analysis to determine appropriate network needs for application projects.
-Adheres to policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure network security.
-Installs new software releases and system upgrades, install patches, and resolve software related problems.
-Troubleshoots network performance issues
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 years of IT experience.
- A Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 5 years of IT experience.
- A High School diploma and 13 years of IT experience.
-CCNP Routing and Switching certificate preferred; or comparable knowledge
-Required Cisco Experience troubleshooting, configuring and maintaining routers, switches and firewalls.
- Experience with troubleshooting, proactively identifying issues and driving them to resolution.
- Familiarity with documenting system functionality, source control systems and configuration/change management practices.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management, and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- A fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field
- Security + CE certification
- Standards compliance and information assurance
- Prior experience training, coaching and working directly with end users
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top