Navy Validator - Security Systems Engineer/Specialist -
- Wallops Island, VA
BAE Systems is seeking a Navy Qualified Validator Level III to provide engineering, operations, and maintenance assessment services for Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC) CSC IT infrastructure, including future products, services, and technologies.
These services to support SCCS's IT infrastructure include:
- Servers - to include virtualization
- Storage Area Networks
- Intrusion Detection System/Event Monitoring
- Host Based Security System (HBSS)/Log Management
- Backup and recovery components
- Other LAN/WAN components
- Power Distribution and battery backup components
- Data Centers, server rooms, and LAN closets
- Fiber infrastructure
- Provide information system software analysis, design, development, test, modification, installation, implementation, quality assurance, training, security, and documentation to meet the evolving data storage and reporting needs of programs and management. Provide RDT&E and Business Network Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support.
- Support and manage NGEN & RDT&E services.
- Recommend and document requirements, and prepare cost estimates and recommend prioritization for: Transition and cutover, tech refresh, Application management, and Legacy reduction initiatives. Maintain inventory, record service delivery for payment, and asset reconciliation.
- Collaborate with data owners, information system owners, and users to secure use and operation of information systems (IS) and networks. Maintain configuration control of hardware, systems, and application software.
- Maintain and report government approved metrics on SCSC networks, servers, systems, applications, backups, and Authority to Operate (ATO) status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Minimum education and years of relevant/related experience: A Bachelor's of Science (BS) or Arts (BA) degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Cyber Security and five (5) years of relevant experience. Must possess a current Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) Level III certification.
Seven (7) years of directly related experience in securing and validating DoD systems. Five (5) years of demonstrated experience to include computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies, network and systems configuration and administration, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Platform IT(PIT), implementation of Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques and various IA-enabled appliances may substitute for BS/BA.
A Master of Science or Arts degree will substitute for two years of the relevant experience requirement. Relevant experience: RMF process, system analysis, system audits, CISCO iOS, MS Window/Server, LINUX, network and system monitoring tools, IA compliance models and tools, IA control validation, risk management, incident response, and system security officer responsibilities. Within the period of relevant experience, must have a minimum of two (2) years working in Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E).
Security clearance requirements: Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required). Selected candidate will receive a contingent offer and start date will be delayed until an interim Secret clearance is granted.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Highly desired but not required:
Active DoD Secret security clearance
BS/BA preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline and at least 4 years of directly related experience in systems engineering, administration, and security applied to RDT&E and business environments, DoD and Information Technology systems.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top