Navy Radio Communication Systems Sr Engineering Technologist
The selected candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate that all equipment/systems function in accordance with Stage 3 through Stage 7 test procedures.
- Troubleshoot complex equipment/system failures and repair all associated equipment for the Radio Communications System (RCS).
- Work with engineering department to develop test procedures for new and existing systems for AEGIS Systems Verification Testing.
- Provide inputs and solutions to the Aegis engineering department for design deficiencies / enhancements and aide in integration of new systems into the baseline.
- Work off-site and un-supervised for duties on various ship platforms. Typical travel requirements are for conducting System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT), Shipbuilders Trials, Final Contract Trials (FCT), Total Ship Readiness Assessment (TSRA), and CASREP (Casualty Report) technical assistance to resolve issues unattainable by ship’s force.
- Coordinate with customers, ISEA, and various engineering entities to ensure proper integration, operation, maintenance and testing of all naval radio communications systems on new and established baselines.
- Provide training and lifeline support for ship’s crew, shipyard personnel and offsite BAE employees on operation and maintenance of all associated equipment and systems.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary’s County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station. There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary’s County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered. Minimum Education and Experience High School diploma and 11 years of related experience Required Skills and Education High School diploma and 11 years of related experience
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
Expertise with US Navy Radio Communications Systems
Familiarity with Cisco Routers for SIPRNET and NIPRNET circuits
Radio Communications System (RCS) integration, implementation and testing experience
Willingness to travel to shipyards and Naval bases
Prior US Navy Electronics Technician or Information Systems Technician
Experience with system testing, diagnostics, troubleshooting and equipment repair
Knowledge of test procedures, technical drawing packages, work instructions, wiring diagrams and cable run sheets
Preferred Skills and Education Associate degree and 7 years of related experience
Knowledge of any of the following:
AN/USC-61 Digital Modular Radio (DMR)
AN/USQ-144 Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
AN/USC-69 V3 Commercial Wideband Satellite Program (CBSP)
AN/WSC-9 V2 Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT)
KIV-7M and other various cryptographic equipment
AN/USQ-155 (V)2, V(3), V(4) Tactical Variant Switch (TVS)
AN/URC-131 High Frequency Radio Group (HFRG)
CDLMS About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top