MW Pilot Line: Methods Specialist 3 - First Shift
The Microwave Pilot Line Methods Specialist will analyze, determine and plan the sequence of operations to develop written, itemized procedures and associated visual aids to be followed by production operators in routine manufacturing processes.
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line product stream is responsible for the first unit build of new hardware designs and transition to production. This includes the development and maturation of the associated build processes and tooling in preparation for rate production. Working closely with Program Engineering and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment makes the Pilot Line a unique and exciting opportunity to influence the future success of production runs, and to have a positive impact by influencing the program and product before entering low-rate production.
BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational Electronic Warfare capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the electronic warfare objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing the suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, electronic attack, and geolocation of emitters.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supports the Microwave Pilot Line for the next generation microelectronics modules and their associated processes/tooling.
- Determines and selects the sequence of operations necessary to build microwave assemblies by utilizing assembly engineering drawings and design data, standard routine manufacturing operations, including circuit attach, epoxy dispense, component placement, bonding, AOI, and general instructions.
- Determines the step-by-step procedures, materials, work stations, tooling and fixtures required, and the time for the operations. Develops visual aids for production workers so that they can write and prepare process sheets. Inputs the required assembly data into the Manufacturing Execution System (e.g. Solumina).
- Revises process sheets and visual aids in compliance with latest engineering requirements, manufacturing techniques, methods, tooling and time standards.
- Observes operations being followed by production operators and initiates changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Draws visual aids of complex operations; incorporates ECO's into original process sheets; collects engineering and production data such as schematics, blueprints, wiring lists, reports, etc., as directed to assist higher classified personnel.
Required Skills and Education
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and communicating with team members, Process Engineers, and Operators
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to retrieve, interpret, and communicate Engineering Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Engineering Drawings from PDM
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Orders (ECO's) and the Product Data Management (PDM) system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- IPC-A-610 certification is a plus
- Experience in working in New Product Introduction environments and transitioning designs to production
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top