MSL--100 Switch Technician
The Telecommunications Network Technician troubleshoots and maintains the Nortel SL-100 phone switch and associated equipment, Callegra Voicemail System, FMT-150 Multiplexer, battery backup system, and all associated inside plant wiring from the SL-100 to the Main Distribution Frame. Maintains the Meridian Option 11c in the Solid State Phased Array Radar Training Suite (SSPARTS) systems. Supports all communications projects at Thule on an as needed basis. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned to meet the changing needs of contract performance.
- Provides Nortel SL-100 switch maintenance functions, including moves, adds, changes, security, and operations in accordance with applicable government directives.
- Maintains the Callegra Voicemail System.
- Maintain s the Voice Protection Systems at the direction of the NOSC.
- Maintains the Power System associated with the SL-100 switch at various locations.
- Installs and maintains the inside plant wiring from the SL-100 switch to the Main Distribution Frame at various locations.
- Maintains the Meridian Option 11c phone systems in the SSPARTS locations.
- Documents all maintenance actions and work orders in the Trouble Ticket database.
- Supports BAE Systems offices, and other agencies, with the installation, connection, testing, and troubleshooting of the communications infrastructure at Thule, when requested.
Minimum Education and Experience High school diploma.
Military or civilian education in basic electronics. Required Skills and Education
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security +) certification required.
- High school diploma and military or civilian education in basic electronics.
- Completion of basic industry education pertaining to SL-100 operations and maintenance.
- Background in communications electronics.
Preferred Skills and Education
3 years’ experience operating and maintaining an MSL-100 phone switch.
Knowledge of Voice Over IP is a plus.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top