The MRO Buyer procures, as efficiently and cost effectively as possible, the goods and services for maintenance, repair and operations which keep the plant running efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Develop purchasing strategy for select MRO categories, including but not limited to considerations of spot buys vs. long-term contracting.
- Draft and negotiate contracts with suppliers, including terms and conditions.
- Resolve supplier issues relating to quality, delivery and pricing.
- Support management in strategic MRO cost savings projects.
- Cooperate with production, maintenance, engineering and other departments in the development of MRO material requirements.
- Negotiate service contract agreements with best pricing, service levels, delivery and payment terms, incentives and penalties, as needed.
- Obtain materials from suppliers at lowest cost with considerations of safety, quality, and sustainability, reliability of source and urgency of need.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required
- Must possess strong skills in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access) including ERP
- Contracts understanding of Terms and Conditions and basic contract language
- Warehouse Management understanding of cycle counts, inventory value, consignment, stock programs, and metrics such as inventory accuracy, inventory turnover, and outages
- Planning/Scheduling understanding of master scheduling, forecasts and their respective buckets, internal and external set up times, and metrics such as compliance, scrap rate, and downtime
- Negotiation experience in purchasing negotiations and managing supplier relationship
- An ability to balance tasks and achieve positive results with varying demands in a fast-paced environment
- Proven problem analysis and resolution skills
- Resourceful and highly organized while maintaining a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and quality orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top