Modeling & Simulation Systems Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from providing the latest in missile warning solutions to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems, Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions (PGSS) Product Line within the Precision Strike (PS) Business Area is seeking Systems Engineers to develop Modeling and Simulation capabilities in support of next generation advanced missile seekers at our new and expanding facilities in Huntsville, Alabama.
Our engineers are members of cross-functional, multi-disciplined teams focused on developing cost-effective systems that protect our Warfighters. Candidates should be comfortable working in a lab environment, working with small to mid-size teams and enjoy hands on hardware testing. Ideal candidates will have opportunity for growth and leadership positions.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Performing mission simulation to determine mission effectiveness.
- Performing engagement simulation using TMAP, ESAMS, MATLAB, Simulink and other tools.
- Performing modeling and simulation studies that optimize mission performance for weapon systems across the air, land, sea, and cyber domains.
- Developing and applying advanced software and systems methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation, analysis and solution of complex and advanced technical problems.
- Using, developing, and modifying tools to support:
- Data analysis of simulation or flight test results
- Requirements analysis
- Visualization of battlespace, mission and engagement
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Hold a Secret level security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, or Computer Science
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate should enjoy problem solving and have the ability to produce concrete results despite significant ambiguities in the problem space
- Comfortable in a lab setting working with a combination of both hardware and software
- Experience developing and using analysis tools such as MATLAB, Python, VBA, C/C++, Linux, or similar tools is required
- HWIL or Systems Integration Lab development or operational experience
- Be eligible to obtain and hold a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience collaborating with design teams assessing threats, developing and quantifying operational level systems requirements
- Developing operational systems concepts, and assessing mission effectiveness in simulated environments
- Experience with operational analysis studies using a wide variety of DoD, existing and self-developed modeling & simulation tools
- Understanding any of the Electro-Optical Infra-Red (EOIR), Laser and Radio Frequency (RF) domains
- Experience with machine learning, image processing, and lethality modeling
- MS Systems Engineering
- Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Aerodynamics, computational fluid dynamics, Semi-autonomous decision awareness
- Modeling using Diamond Visionics, Common Scene Framework (CSF), Common Scene Generator (CSG)
- Model Based Systems Engineering
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top