Model Based Engineering Research Scientist
BAE Systems, FAST Labs division, is seeking a Technical Development Manager, with a focus in Model Based Software & System Engineering.
At BAE Systems, Inc. FAST Labs' Collaboration, Architecture & Reasoning Technologies (CART) directorate, we're innovating for the future. Our organization embraces scientists; we give you the training, resources, opportunities, and access you need to put your work in the hands of those who need it. Our culture and flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical individuals with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge?
In this role, you will work with program managers, customers, and academic and business partners to develop internal and external research programs that shape the Science and Technology Landscape especially in the area of Model Based Software and Systems Engineering.
To successfully perform this position you will also:
- Lead teams of scientists and engineers on complex, cutting-edge programs of research as a Principal Investigator
- Manage and grow a portfolio of projects to develop a core technology within a diverse customer base
- Explore our network, and build your own, to develop strong collaborative teams including top academics, small-business, and other sectors within BAE Systems
- Showcase your work at research conferences / co-author publications and patents
- Work with collaborators and customers to apply research outcomes to real world systems
- Handle strategy formulation, planning, and execution
Masters with 6+ years, OR PhD with 4+ years research experience.
Required Skills and Education
- Masters with 6+ years, OR PhD with 4+ years research experience.
- Research experience with Model Based Software and Systems Engineering
- 3+ years' experience leading medium to large research teams (5-10 people)
- Excellent people skills. Must be able to influence and open-minded to others' influence.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrable history of successful grant/proposal activities
- Programming skills (C++/Java/python)
- Systems Engineering experience
- US Citizenship and must be eligible to obtain a US Secret Clearance
- PhD with 4+ years research experience
- Defense industry experience preferred.
- Experience shaping, winning, and being the Principal Investigator for a research program. DARPA programs preferred.
- Experience with a modelling language such as UML and SysML
- Formal Methods
- Machine Learning, including deep learning
- Expertise in Agile product development methodologies
- FPGA development experience
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top