Mk 45 Gun Systems Mechanic
Under direction of Product Support leadership, installs, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs Navy major and minor caliber guns such as the Mk 45 Gun Mount, Mk 63 Weathershield, Mk 110 Gun Mount and Mk 38 gun systems as well as other US Navy ordnance electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic systems and equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, tests, maintains, repairs, and removes electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic systems and equipment.
- Maintains an inventory of parts and tooling for all field service operations.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation and coordinates the movement of these items to assigned field operations.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Share responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- May respond to fleet emergency calls from customer and assigned field service personnel.
Required Skills and Education Two years vocational training to work with basic electrical/mechanical/hydraulic
instrumentation tools and hardware.
This position requires strong mechanical and electrical repair skills, e.g. rebuilding of hydraulic valve blocks, precision measurements, in-place testing and evaluation. Must possess a working knowledge of technical practices and procedures for ordnance repairs. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to gather information from a variety of sources. Excellent time management and multitasking skills. Ability to work effectively with other personnel, inside and outside of the organization. Work is highly team-centric. Preferred Skills and Education
Prior experience on US Navy Mk 45 gun, Mk 110 gun and/or Mk 41 VLS and Mk 38 Mod 2 weapons systems.
- -US Navy Mk 45 GM with Mod 4 experience is a plus.
- -Relevant ordnance coursework or training.
- -Relevant work experience in the defense industry.
- -Relevant work experience within BAE Systems
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top