Mk 41 VLS Field Service Engineer
1. Executes Mk 41 VLS field service projects to cost, schedule, and quality while maintaining a safe work environment. Solves technical problems where investigation is often required. Analyzes and resolves sensitive customer issues. Work is generally guided by established Mk 41 VLS procedures, with increasing judgment and creativity required in dealing with problems where no similar precedent is available.
2. Assembles, installs, tests, maintains and repairs Mk 41 VLS ordnance equipment.
3. May provide work direction to field service teams or multiple teams on multiple tasks. Provides necessary training to ensure internal and external requirements are met.
4. May plan, estimate, and schedule required personnel and equipment for field service projects. Manages projects to cost schedule, quality and safety standards
5. May resolve sensitive field service issues such as scheduling conflicts and funding concerns with customers.
6. Assembles, installs, tests, maintains, and repairs products and ensures products are in compliance with customer requirements.
7. Analyzes system deficiencies and provides input to recommended design changes to engineering.
8. Troubleshoots technical issues to the component level, such as subsystem failures, mechanical and servo-system misalignments. Documents the problem, develops procedures and communicates recommended corrective action to the customer.
9. Serves as point of contact with customers, suppliers, and division management regarding schedules, technical issues and administrative matters.
10. Performs pre-overhaul system inspections and prepares detailed reports outlining discrepancies and recommended corrective actions.
11. May make formal presentations to various customers, division management on issues such as job performance metrics, schedules, and job safety.
12. May serve as on-board technical expert during ship trials at sea.
13. Maintains configuration control databases and responsible for all logistics functions for assigned field service projects.
14. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications. Advises management on new developments and programs.
15. May direct the work of less senior personnel.
16. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
17. Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED plus six years of relevant work experience
Three years of US Navy Mk 41 VLS combat systems experience to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, repair casualties, and perform pre-overhaul inspections. A general knowledge of computer applications to perform technical and administrative duties more efficiently.
Preferred Skills and Education US Navy experience with the Mk 41 VLS resulting in designation of NEC 0979 / 0981.
A level of general educational development normally acquired through completing two years of technical vocational training in electronics or related field to work with and troubleshoot various electrical/mechanical/hydraulic systems.
A high level of analytical ability to analyze, correct deficiencies, and coordinate corrective actions.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top