Mixed-Signal IC Design Lead
- Bedford, MA
BAE Systems FAST Labs Hardware Engineering is looking for a Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuit (IC) Design Lead.
In this role, you will guide small ( Our mixed-signal ICs may be comprised of Fractional-N PLLs, ADCs, DACs, RF RX and TX components (LNAs, mixers, etc) and often use digital calibration techniques to meet stringent defense performance requirements. As such, the candidate is expected to work across disciplines with digital and analog design leads to realize next generation products.
The design lead will also assist in the planning of new projects. This includes working from requirements to establish a technical baseline/architecture and disseminating design activities to members of the team. The design lead will provide cost/labor estimates for implementation, and ensure that sound engineering processes are followed.
The candidate must have a good intuitive and mathematical understanding of transistor-level circuit design and layout issues that drive analog/RF performance. They will be expected to lead an engineering team through all phases of design, simulation, layout, verification, and test. They must be able to identify and evaluate alternative circuit topologies (including novel ones), analyze design trade-offs, and present the results in a clear and concise way. The candidate will also have a vast amount of expertise across mixed-signal technology, IC CAD tools, and foundry capability.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
- BSEE required, with mixed-signal, analog, RF/Microwave, and/or VLSI concentration.
- Ability to lead and mentor teams of engineers to keep them engaged and focused
- Proficiency with CAD tools: Cadence Virtuoso and SpectreRF/Assura/Calibre; Agilent ADS and Dynamic Link; Synopsis; Matlab
- High level of experience with IC design from simulation through layout and physical verification
- Leadership skills and full design, sim and test cycle experience
- Testing experience with Analog, RF, Microwave, and/or digital circuits
- Transition and technology insertion in complicated systems
- Understanding of systems level functioning and integration
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Familiarity with Linux shell environment
- MSEE or PhD desired
- Experience designing highly mixed-signal circuits (ADCs, DACs, PLLs, DLLs, etc)
- Leading a multi-disciplinary chip design effort (analog, RF and digital design concerns)
- Working with advanced BiCMOS or CMOS technologies
- Laboratory validation of chip design
- Interacting with production/operations team to ensure chip manufacturability
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top