Mixed Signal Integrated Circuit Program Technical Lead
- Merrimack, NH
BAE Systems is looking for a Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuit (IC) Program Technical Lead (PTL) in the RF/EW and Advanced Electronics product line. FAST Labs RF/EW and Advanced Electronics is the premier research and development arm for BAE Systems in the domain of RF Electronic Warfare. These projects focus on the development of new concepts and technologies that are on the leading edge in the RF EW and Advanced Electronics domain. The primary customers are Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), other government R&D labs, and technology transition customers.
The Mixed-Signal IC PTL will lead engineering teams from $2M to $50M in the execution of small geometry CMOS (
The PTL is the primary engineering authority on the program and coordinates all engineering activities to meet cost, schedule and technical requirements to meet program commitments. Candidate will regularly brief program customers on development status and collaborate on new concepts for program growth. The ideal candidate would have exposure to multiple technical domains having worked complex multi-disciplinary research programs. This position functions across multiple tech directorates and organizations to collaborate and drive program success.
- Accountable to meet the overall cost, schedule and technical performance of the integrated engineering teams for a projects through the entire life cycle.
- Create effective and cohesive teams by integrating architects, subject matter experts, and technical leads to address all aspects of the product life cycle.
- Ensure that effective engineering leaders are assigned to projects/programs so that projects are successful. Work with and support other discipline leads in their responsibilities to effectively staff programs/projects with effective leadership.
- Define and manage product architecture and product evolution. Create and manage architectural views to facilitate knowledge sharing, collaboration, and leverage.
- Develop winning technical solutions and proposals to grow the business. Ensure preparation and approval of competitive engineering bids that are executable and meet established price-to-win targets.
- Provide timely and accurate staffing and resource forecasts, supporting the efforts of the engineering design disciplines to acquire and satisfy staffing needs.
- Ensure that the engineering staff adheres to the approved plans by attending program control meetings, design reviews and by auditing processes, reviewing status and communicating regularly with the cost account managers
- Interfaces with functional engineering organizations to ensure programs are adequately staffed and executed. Approves engineering cost account manager assignments for the program(s). Assesses all changes to the engineering cost, schedule, technical and risk baseline.
- Achieve established business and engineering financial targets.
- Apply required and appropriate engineering process to ensure program and product development success and predictability (ARBs, TBRs, IDR, TRRs, etc.)
- Create / maintain a knowledge management environment to capture artifacts and technical information and promote its evolution through contributions from the technical community.
- Develop, execute and improve leverage methods consistent with Leverage strategy.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a TOP Secret security clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent with 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting, designing, and developing software utilizing containerized applications and cloud native architectures.
- Ability to think strategically and formulate strategic vision, strategies and implement action plans to achieve goals in a changing environment
- Technical leadership, management, and decision making in EW electronics system concept development, design/development, production, and sustainment relevant to the family of products and associated missions and applications.
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and inspire a technical staff with diverse experience, technical views, and individual differences.
- Proven ability to share and transfer technology and know-how across organizational boundaries.
- Proven Project Management and Product Development skills with a practical understanding of Systems Engineering and DoD product development lifecycle.
- Proven performance management, mentoring, coaching and communication skills.
- Competent in Engineering talent management, development, and acquisition.
- Masters's degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent with 8+ years of experience.
- Hold a current Top Secret security clearance.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top