Mission Support Program Finance Director
To provide overall financial leadership and guidance for the Mission Support Business area within the Intelligence & Security Sector. Program Finance Director must be able to successfully lead a team of Finance Managers and provide strategic direction and business support to Business Area VP GM and functional leadership to ensure that all financial commitments are achieved. Provide timely and accurate forecasting and reporting of financial information to management including QBR, IBP, MBR, and any other ad hoc requirements.
- Advises senior management of all financial matters and has proven ability to communicate financial information clearly and concisely across a broad functional audience. Decisions affect the financial posture of the organization and serves as consultant to top management in long-range company planning.
- Develops business cases to support new business and key investments. Reaches across all functions to gather inputs and provide sound financial advice to leadership
- Develops financial pricing strategies to facilitate the acquisition of new business
- Manages the local overhead rates through quarterly forecasting and monthly monitoring of the results.
- Participates in the hiring process and is responsible for assigning tasks, counseling, training, developing and evaluating a team of Finance Managers. Also supports and encourages growth and professional development of the program finance analysts. Has authority to make decisions and take action regarding personnel matter.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting of financial data, the issuance of budgets, preparation of plans, and various other financial activities within the Business Area.
- Coordinates with other finance and functional groups to assure consistency and integrity of data. Minimizes total cost in assigned financial area (including personnel, data processing support, other required support, etc.) through review of required output, efficiency of operations and assignment of appropriate and capable personnel
- Demonstrates understanding of the relationship between the programs’ direct labor inputs and the impact on the Business Area Overhead Rates. Manages this closely to optimize for competitive rates.
- Possess a well-rounded understanding of all government contract-types and the cost, revenue and profit requirements of these.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by functional management
Required Skills and Education
Prior experience in Program Finance and understanding of Rates and Government Contracting
Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Experience with Communicating and Reporting to Senior Leadership
Excellent planning, time management and organization skills
Strong interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers
Ability to analyze and consider alternatives to make sound recommendations to Leadership to make decisions.
Can make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
Ability to lead and professionally develop a team of finance managers
Preferred Skills and Education
Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
Prior experience working with DCMA/DCAA in a program audit environment
Knowledge of EVMS (Earned Value Management Systems)
Prior experience with Deltek COBRA / CostPoint
Proficient with Hyperion planning About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top