Missile Mechanical Engineer I
BAE Systems is looking for well qualified professionals to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support the development and procurement of the new GBSD Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM). The GBSD System Program Office must ensure a safe, secure and reliable replacement to the MMIII weapon system as required by the war fighter, Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC), through 2075.
This activity will assist the government in development and acquisition engineering and also help train and develop this capability within the government. AFGSC is responsible for evaluating the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile force's ability to accomplish its Air Force mission.
This position will support AFGSC with GBSD development, development testing & Evaluation (DT&E), Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) and acquisition through the deployment phase of the new weapon system.
This position will be located at Hill AFB, UT.
1. Perform GBSD developmental test and mission planning.
2. Provide mission analysis support to assist in defining test objectives and test range sensor and range safety constraints.
3. Provide engineering support to investigate missile test anomalies and provide analysis in determining causes/malfunctions and develop corrective action solutions.
4. Analyze Reentry Vehicle (RV) aerodynamic performance for effects of lift and drag on the Best Estimate of Trajectory (BET).
5. Determine BET from RV deployment to impact using metric tracking and weather data.
6. Use BET to determine weapon system miss and all sub-component misses.
7. Perform Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) accuracy analysis using GPS and telemetry data to estimate guidance and control contribution to miss other than reentry.
8. Perform RV separation performance and accuracy analysis.
9. Perform arming and fuzing accuracy and performance analysis.
10. Publish various RV and RS performance reports.
11. Develop, maintain, and modify regression software to determine vehicle performance and accuracy.
12. Develop engineering estimates of accuracy.
13. Reconcile engineering estimates with flight test data and adjust accuracy model if required.
14. Compute and analyze accuracy data for bias, covariance and circular error probability at RV burst and impact.
15. Perform other duties as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering degree (from an ABET accredited university program).
Current active secret (or higher) clearance or active secret (or higher clearance) within the past 2 years
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top