Minuteman III Test Launch Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for well qualified professionals to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support the readiness and sustainment of the USAF Minuteman III (MM III) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) program.
The ICBM System Program Office must ensure a safe, secure and reliable MM III weapon system as required by the war fighter, Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC), through 2030. This activity is identified as the Future ICBM Sustainment and Acquisition Construct (FISAC). The Contract will assist in acquisition and technical sustainment engineering and help train and develop this capability in the government.
AFGSC is responsible for evaluating the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile force’s ability to accomplish its Air Force mission. AFGSC establishes accuracy and reliability planning factors under operational conditions, detects changes in weapon system accuracy and reliability, identifies areas for weapon system modification or improvement, and verifies operational effectiveness and suitability. This position with support AFGSC with MM III operational test launch preflight planning, launch support and post launch analysis.
This position will be located at Hill AFB, UT.
1. Perform MM III operational test launch preflight mission planning, hazards, and targeting analyses.
2. Provide mission analysis support to assist in defining test launch objectives and test range sensor and range safety constraints.
3. Provide engineering support to investigate missile flight test anomalies and provide analysis in determining causes/malfunctions and develop corrective action solutions.
4. Analyze Reentry Vehicle (RV) aerodynamic performance for effects of lift and drag on the Best Estimate of Trajectory (BET).
5. Determine BET from RV deployment to impact.
6. Perform Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) analysis using GPS and telemetry data to estimate guidance and control contribution to miss other than re-entry.
7. Derive Weapons system misses and separate into miss other than re-entry and reenty misses using derived BET.
8. Perform RV separation, targeting, flight program, and geodetic and geophysical accuracy analyses.
9. Perform RV arming and fuzing system performance analysis.
10. Publish vehicle performance reports.
11. Prepare and publish flight accuracy briefing materials.
12. Attend operational test launch meetings.
13. Perform telemetry data processing and flight test analyses necessary to support failure analyses.
14. Develop, maintain, and modify regression software to determine vehicle performance and accuracy.
15. Develop engineering estimates of accuracy.
16. Compute and analyze accuracy data for bias, covariance and circular error probability at RV burst and impact.
17. Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics with 15+ year experience (13+ years with a Masters Degree).
Preferred Skills and Education MMIII or similar weapon system experience desired.
Test launch experience.
Data analysis experience. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top