The MILSATCOM (MSC) technician is responsible for performing Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the Military Satellite Communications functional areas, including Tech Control Facility (TCF), Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM), and Consolidated Communications HEMP Room (C2HR). The MSC technician will be responsible for the O&M of the equipment systems that comprise the Defense Communications Satellite Subsystem (DCSS), AN/GSC-39C Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS), AN/GSC-52(v)5 Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS), AN/FRC-181(V)2 MILSTAR Satellite System, and the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN). Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned to meet the changing needs of contract performance.
- The MSC technicians will cross train in all functional areas as listed in the basic functions.
- Conducts on-the-job training for other personnel.
- Is responsible for performing operations and maintenance, troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair actions as needed.
- Performs monitoring, configuration and operations of all equipment within the MSC functional area.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs), equipment checks, and meter readings on a daily basis.
- Documents Maintenance Data Collection (MDC) efforts using the Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS).
- Activates, changes, and deactivates circuits in accordance with Telecommunications Service Orders, including pre-activation circuit conditioning, testing and reporting.
- Works with Network Control Terminals (NCT), users, Network Operation System Centers (NOSC), and other facilities with timely troubleshooting and restoration of communications.
- Performs circuit action duties (service restoration, Implementation, Testing, and Acceptance [IT&A]) and documents actions and findings using the Facility Circuit Information Tracking (FACIT) database.
- Creates and submits appropriate reports (satellite equipment reports, outage reports, unscheduled event reports) as needed. Prepares, coordinates, and updates authorized and emergency service interruptions with all affected facilities.
- Processes messages within the guidelines of the Performance Work Statement and applicable directives.Operates and maintains the Communications Processing System in accordance with Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) directives.
- Conducts inventories of all COMSEC material on a shift, daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Completes crypto updates and verifies proper destruction practices are being followed and annotated on the correct forms. Executes the proper actions for incoming and outgoing classified documents and equipment. Ensures the proper documentation and packaging of these items is completed. Executes Emergency Action Plans (EAP) when directed to do so.
- Utilizes the appropriate operating instructions (COI), Technical Orders, Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Circulars, and commercial manuals in the operation and repair of equipment. Ensures operational availability requirements are satisfied in accordance with the PWS.
- Comprehends technical data and is able to use test equipment for system troubleshooting and repair.Accountable for supply point and bench stock inventories.
- Performs additional duty responsibility as directed by the MSC Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor.
- High school diploma and completion of civilian or military SATCOM training, Technical Control training or the equivalent.
- Current COMPTIA Security + certification.
- Valid U.S. civilian passport.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Must be able to lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Be able to walk at least 500 feet in extremely cold weather, negotiate multiple sets of stairs without assistance and have the ability to distinguish colors.
- Rotation schedule will be 9 weeks on and 4 weeks off with possibility of adjustment.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top