Mid-Level Software Implementation Specialist
BAE Systems is seeking a Mid-Level Software Implementation Specialist responsible for delivering world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, which will help drive productivity and innovation. The selected applicant will be a customer facing consultant to help document their business processes and translate that into technical requirements. The selected applicant will also support our software development team and system administration team. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
This position will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work with customers to identify, document and optimize their business processes
- Responsible for the creation of detailed workflows that capture the customers' business process and adherence to business requirements
- Performs technical implementation and provide support of standard and customized deliverables for customers
- Ensures that customer requirements are clearly defined and prioritized
- Administer customer profiles and configuration within our application
- Assure that all user requirements are met
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify blockers and bugs with web applications, and devise solutions to these problems
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- On-site support, as well as post-implementation support with process improvement focus
- Provide excellent customer service to new and existing customers to include troubleshooting, system and process training, and support functions
- Proactively investigate new features and technologies
- Provide recommendations to customers on new features
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel as needed
- The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. An active Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
Successful applicant will be able to work with web-based applications to support business requirements. Strong technical skills to include problem-solving, process creation and improvement, and team collaboration a must. Ability to clearly identify, document and communicate system technical issues to the software development team.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required education: Bachelor's Degree minimum.
- BS/BA with 7+ years' experience
- MS/MA with 5+ years' experience
The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. An active Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Business analysis with strong analytical skills
- Strong business process understanding including process improvement
- Project management and requirements analysis
- Software implementation
- Software and process documentation
- Technical support, excellent computer skills
- Negotiation skills, calm under pressure
Critical, logical, and creative thinking and excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and orally
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong organizational skills; attentive to detail and excellent follow-through
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with strong interpersonal skills; able to work individually as well as with a team
- Six Sigma experience a plus
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top