Mid-Level Linux System Administrator
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems , we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are seeking to hire a HPC Systems Administrator to join our team.
Ideal c andidates shall have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, be able to perform all functions of a System Administrator I, and have five (5) years of demonstrable experience in system administration in support of a large client server based IT enterprise.
Candidate will perform the following:
- Creating, modifying and deleting user accounts,
- Performing system back-ups
- Maintaining system configuration files
Individual shall be able to develop and implement:
- enterprise backup/recovery strategies,
- server configuration and consolidation,
- verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
Required Skills and Education
Candidates shall have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, be able to perform all functions of a System Administrator I, and have five (5) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client server based IT enterprise.
This experience shall include:
- Creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files.
- Fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level.
- Installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages.
- Ability to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Ability to provide support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, and email.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top