Mid Level Integration Engineer - Enterprise Support Services
- Sterling, VA
Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) program focuses on providing Federal customer with advisory and technical services with the effort of helping them support the management of their various cyber programs. Supporting activities span a wide range of topics, including requirements formation, requirements feasibility analysis, technology subject matter expertise, cyber industrial technology awareness, information assurance, independent validation and verification (IV&V), penetration testing, prototypes, enterprise architecture, technical documentation authoring and analysis of 3 rd party technical documentation, and technology roadmaps.
Member of the Enterprise Support Team serving as a Technical/Integration Engineer. Assist other Systems Engineers during the validation and proof of concept efforts to support the implementation of a new strategic integration architecture premised on model-base systems engineering architectures. This team is responsible for providing recommendations on the integration, middleware, monitoring, of infrastructure and application domains. Assist with project implementation designs against customer standards and verify implementation meets the organization architecture standards. Other responsibilities include planning and developing project scope and project management guidelines, and ensuring successful team completion of each deliverable. Must be familiar with established enterprise integration infrastructure, supporting MBSE, messaging and SLA monitoring tools.
Responsibilities will include:
- Gathering and analyzing data to determine system requirements
- Developing work plans and estimates as they relate to systems integration work tasks and team members
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending systems, equipment and technologies based on client needs
- Drafting technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents
- Coordinating with various team members such as senior leadership, architecture, testing and cybersecurity support staff on a regular basis
- Assisting with development and execution of test plans and procedures based upon system recommendations
- Providing client with post-installation and integration support
- Providing technical assistance in developing and executing solutions to support customer activities, as well as troubleshoot said initiatives.
- Designing and validating solution prototypes in a variety of environments as well as certify the accuracy and viability of designs and implementations.
- Train, motivate, and mentor both internal and external personnel to be efficient in meeting and exceeding organizational objectives.
- Coordinate a wide variety of projects from inception to completion while ensuring that projects meet established organizational goals, time and budget constraints, and standards of technical quality.
- Nurture positive working relationships with clients, vendors, and other personnel.
Familiar with Java interfaces and functions for parsing documents.
Responsibilities may also include:
- Familiarity with Amazon Web services (AWS) - including computing, storage, networking, database, analytics, application services, deployment, management, mobile, developer tools, and tools for the Internet of Things. (i.e. EC2, S3, etc.)
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services' offerings over HTTP, using the REST architectural style and SOAP protocol.
Providing middle-ware validation to projects and verify prototypes of components supported by emerging technologies.
- Delivering interface specifications and detailed design specifications in support of each assigned project initiative.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to collaborate with the appropriate internal team members to resolve problems that arise.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite, including Visio.
- Knowledge of system engineering architecture principles, concepts, and best practices
- Experience in coordinating technology designs with architectural requirements and constraints
- Functional experience with Networking, Virtual computing, databases
- Proficient with Configuration Management, Requirements Management and Development Review Boards
- Must be familiar with working in a bimodal and distributed environment using SAFe to insure the successful and seamless client implementation experience.
Bachelor's Degree preferred in a related field of study
- Experience integrating technologies such as: Oracle, SQLServer, NoSQL and Java
- Familiar with NoMagic, Cameo, Syndeia, IBM DOORS, JIRA are highly desirable
Ideal candidate will possess interest in:
- Solving complex problems
- Willingness to take responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours to complete tasks
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to decipher highly technical data
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Excellent environmental testing; test planning and execution skills
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top