Microwaver Test Technician - Engineering
The BAE Systems Microelectronics Center in Nashua is seeking a Engineering Technician in the Microwave Test organization.
The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical candidates with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge? It's more than a job. It's inspired work.
In this role, you will be required to perform the following responsibilities:
- Perform measurements for both module hardware and/or MMIC products.
- Interface with Engineers who this position will support
- Monitor wafer lots coming out of fabrication
Additional responsibilities include
- Follow ESD precautions
- Ensure equipment is in calibration
- Coordinate calibration and repairs for the department
- Safely remove equipment from rack, send for calibration, receive back and put back into test rack
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Required Skills and Education
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience and two (2) years directly related experience in DC/RF test
- Ability to perform gross inspection using optical microscope
- Ability to write documentation and follow established documentation to perform procedure
- Ability to work in Class 100 cleanroom environment
- Good computer knowledge
- Ability to use general Windows software, and ability to use Excel to plot tabular data
- Fine motor skills to work with small parts, screwing and unscrewing small screws
- Ability to work with professionals of diverse background
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with testing packaged parts in DC and RF
- Good knowledge of microwave test equipment such as network analyzers, synthesizers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscope, multimeter
- Experience working with hazardous voltages up to 40V
- Understanding of general electrical safety, ESD, and foreign-object debris (FOD) concerns
- Experience with packaging and assembly
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top