Microwave / Microelectronics Assembler
The Microwave Factory New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line will be responsible for the first unit builds of new hardware designs, including the development and maturation of the associated build processes and tooling in preparation for rate production. This new line is being equipped with State-of-the-Art Microelectronics assembly and test equipment to incubate new product introduction of microwave modules designed for new Electronic Warfare Platforms. Working closely with Program Engineering and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment makes the Microwave Pilot Line a unique and exciting opportunity to influence the future success of production runs, and to have a positive impact by influencing the program and product before entering low-rate production.
We are seeking an experienced microwave microelectronics assembly person with a passion to make new product launches successful by working closely with the team by building the first units, suggesting areas for improvement, and helping document the processes.
The ideal candidate will:
- Fabricate and/or modifies complex microwave/RF integrated circuit modules and sub-assemblies which may have preliminary processes in need of maturation.
- Be familiar with substrate attach (duroid/ceramic), MMICs, soldering skills, bonding, and eutectic die attach.
- Familiar with lamination presses, bladder bag ovens and sheet epoxies.
- Familiar with working with a wide variety of adhesives and epoxy's.
- Ability to work closely with the Technical Team and provide feedback to help mature both the design and the build processes
Required Skills and Education
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
- Must have 4+ year of RF/Microwave microelectronics product assembly experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top