Microwave Electrical Engineer Product Lead
BAE Systems is hiring! Given our continued growth, we have immediate roles available for a highly motivated Principal RF/Microwave Engineer to join our Transition to Production, Production Support and Sustainment team as an electrical product lead for one of our product lines.
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems. Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
In this role, you will have a chance to grow your skills supporting the continued production and sustainment of various complex microwave modules, submodules, circuit card assemblies, and subsystems. You will have the opportunity to work closely with cutting-edge hardware fielded on the most advanced Military Platforms.
Activities day to day will vary and may include:
- Assessing design updates to existing microwave designs
- Conducting analyses to assess performance impacts
- Technical oversight of microwave subcontractors to design and develop microwave subassemblies.
- Mentoring junior engineers and technicians
- Supporting product yield and affordability improvements
- Supporting the debug of complex circuits
- Supporting the transition to production of new products
- Working in partnership with a cross functional team to ensure on time deliveries of quality products to support the War Fighter.
If you are looking to be immersed in a myriad of new technical challenges, this role is for you!
At BAE Systems, we thrive in a diverse and dynamic team oriented environment with principles of respect and trust. Our engineers interact with colleagues and peers of various disciplines and backgrounds to arrive at innovative solutions to problems. We encourage collaboration and foster an environment of knowledge sharing and continuous learning. Take the first step towards achieving your career goals with us and apply today!
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
- 8+ years' experience working on RF/Microwave designs within the frequency range of 50Mhz to 20GHz
- Experience testing and troubleshooting microwave assemblies including an understanding of all submodules such as low-noise amplifiers, pre-selectors, filter banks, mixers, Phased-locked-loops (PLLs), and Local Oscillators (LOs)
- Experience running RF path cascade analysis
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner and lead others to closure - Own the Design
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Active Secret Clearance HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in RF/Microwave subsystem, module and circuit design and development
- Experience gathering and analyzing test data to assess trends and develop yield improvement plans
- Design and analysis of microwave systems and circuits using Agilent Advanced Design Suite (ADS) and Genesys
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top