Microwave Bonding/Rework Operator - NPI RF/Microwave
The Microwave Factory New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line will be responsible for the first unit builds of new hardware designs, including the development and maturation of the associated build processes and tooling in preparation for rate production. This new line is being equipped with State-of-the-Art Microelectronics assembly and test equipment to incubate new product introduction of microwave modules designed for new Electronic Warfare Platforms. Working closely with Program Engineering and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment makes the Microwave Pilot Line a unique and exciting opportunity to influence the future success of production runs, and to have a positive impact by influencing the program and product before entering production.
We are seeking a microelectronics assembler with a passion to make new product launches successful by working closely with the team by building the first units, suggesting areas for improvement, and helping document the processes.
If you want to influence how products are designed and launched into the factory then this is the position will provide tremendous professional and personal satisfaction.
Required Skills and Education
- Fabricates and/or modifies complex microwave/RF integrated circuit modules and sub-assemblies which may have preliminary processes in need of maturation. This person will have significant input to the development of the processes.
- Must be able to work with a microscope for extended periods of time.
- Experience and understanding of military criteria.
Skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with substrate attach (duroid/ceramic), MMICs, soldering skills and eutectic die attach.
- Familiar with die attach (MMICs, IC's, caps, diodes and resistors) on complex modules.
- Familiar with working with a wide variety of adhesives and epoxies.
- Experience with wire and ribbon bonding utilizing various manual and automatic bonding machines.
- Familiar with working with bonding complex microwave modules.
- Familiar with manual gold ball and ribbon bonding.
- Familiar with manual bonding equipment (K+S, MEI, Westbond and Hy-Bond).
- Familiar with automatic bonding equipment (Palomar 2460/8000/9000 ball bonders and H+K wedge bonders).
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top