Microsoft Exchange Engineer
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The BAE Systems team is looking for an experience Microsoft Exchange Engineer. The ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years of experience primarily with Exchange Server 2013, with working experience in a SharePoint 2013, Windows Server 2012, and Outlook 2013 environment. This position is targeted for both dedicated support roles and short term reactive support and proactive engagements where overnight travel is required.
The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
- Act as a resource for on-going Exchange related planning and deployment.
- Experience with analyzing migration to new Exchange environments.
- Ability to identify and resolve compatibility issues found between Exchange Server updates that would prevent successful updates.
- Practical experience in troubleshooting advanced technical operating system performance problems.
- Deep technical familiarity with Exchange Server 2013 and Microsoft Outlook Client
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.
- Understanding of Exchange oriented interactions with Microsoft Messaging Technology concepts including ActiveSync, AutoDiscover, DAG, RBAC, PowerShell, DLP, E-Discovery,OAB, EAC, Public Folders, Exchange client protocols, Exchange Server Roles,DNS, IIS, AD, and SSO.
- Capability to operate in a flexible team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to Fix or remediate source objects to make them compatible with Exchange 2013
- Experience with designing and implementing application testing strategy to test mediation of Exchange related issues
- Implementing security related enhancements to Exchange related capabilities
- Ability to provide guidance on application packaging when changes are made
- Experience with performing unit testing for Exchange related application changes including required security testing
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent
technical degree and 8+ years of experience in a similar role
Strong demonstrable development experience/expertise in one or more of the following
technologies is desirable:
- Exchange Server 2013, 2010 Enterprise
- Fair knowledge on Windows clustering – Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows
- Ability to Install, tune and administer Exchange Clusters including Always on Availability Groups
- Author design documents, build procedure, test procedures
- Strong familiarity with running Exchange Server products in a secured environment which is
compliant with DISA STIGs
- Familiarity with Hyper-v and System Center Virtual Machine manager is a plus
- Solid understanding of Active Directory (AD) including Multi-Forest, Multi-domain, and Group policy to
include how Exchange is impacted by AD elements
- Familiarity with PowerShell V3 or V4 including scripting
- Experience with log analysis using Log Parser 2.2 or Log Parser Studio
- Exposure to and some knowledge about SQL Server 2014
Preferred Skills and Education • Active Directory (architecture, design, disaster recovery and troubleshooting), IIS and ISA.
- Debugging skills in the Windows Platform
- Up to date with Windows 7 and Windows 10 client
- Experience with network captures and network troubleshooting
- Experience with Desired State Configuration
- Familiarity with SSRS, SSAS, and System Center 2012 R2 product line
- Experience with network captures and indepth network troubleshooting
- Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 (FIM)
- Azure Active Directory Synchronization Tool (DirSync)
- Microsoft System CentDeep technical knowledge/ experience on SQL HA/DR solutions.
ITIL V3 Foundations is desired; MCSE Certifications are a plus.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top