Microelectronics Hardware Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
Our Manassas, Virginia team has an opening for a microelectronics hardware engineer to develop the most advanced radiation hardened computer processors, ASICs, and FPGAs to support our Space Systems line of business. We are seeking team players with strong interests in computer architecture, digital logic, VLSI, design verification, digital system testing, re-configurable computing, or systems on a chip.
You would be a member of the team whose products have been deployed in commercial, civil and national security space missions; including GPS, weather monitoring, satellite TV and radio, exploring the universe; most notably the Mars rovers, Spirit and Opportunity. Additional work opportunities would include electronic warfare technology to deliver superior situational awareness, even in the most complex battlespace - defeating threats long before they can be seen. With this job, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of developing hardware from concept to deployment.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and a good team player
- Ability to mentor and willingness to be mentored
- Strong debug and problem solving skills
- Experience in HDL Design / Development, including:
- Ability to distill higher level requirements into micro-architecture
- VHDL or Verilog HDL coding
- Digital simulation using Modelsim/Questa or similar
- Experience with designer-level test bench (VHDL or SystemVerilog)
- Familiarity with revision control (git, cvs, clearcase, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internal logic analyzer (ILA/chipscope/signaltap)
- Experience and willingness for lab testing
- Current Security Clearance (Secret), or eligibility to obtain one
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with DSP fundamentals and FPGA implementation
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with microchip EDA tools and flow (Synopsys, Cadence)
- Experience in leading a design team
- Experience in hardware design and hands-on lab debug
- Experience with UVM/SystemVerilog
- Experience with generating scripts (Perl, Tcl, Python)
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with interfaces: ADC/DACs, SERDES, PCIe, JTAG, DDRx
- Advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top