The Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Solutions (ISRS) business unit is seeking a Proposal Manager reporting directly to the Proposal Development Center (PDC) Manager. This position will work closely with business development, product lines and business winning/capture teams, and staff leadership to manage the proposal development process and to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support capture teams in developing a winning proposal strategy
- Analyze RFPs and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans
- Develop capture phase schedules and support capture activities, such as proposal strategy development
- Develop early proposal storyboards and art concepts
- Execute proposal management responsibilities using best practices, business winning methodologies, established tools, procedures, templates and corporate discipline
- Direct proposal kickoff and debrief meetings, as well as prepare detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development and production
- Monitor proposal content to ensure compliance to RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements
- Map win themes, value propositions, strengths, risk reducers, and differentiated solutions to initial proposal outline
- Work closely with capture management, engineering, and business development to complete the formulation of "win strategies and themes" (taking into account strategic relationships, competitor intelligence, etc.) and ensure the message is articulated throughout the proposal
- Ensure proposal is consistent across all volumes by staying involved with the development of all volumes, including technical, cost, contracts, past performance
- Monitor proposal schedules and ensure proposal deadlines (both internal and external) are met. Communicate deadlines and timing of respective responses/documents throughout the process
- Performance management of immediate team members on a proposal
- Facilitate multi-disciplined groups in brainstorming and developing solutions to key aspects of the proposal providing tactical advice and guidance with the ability to drive strategy and solutions that result in winning submissions.
- Runs efficient and effective Daily Stand up meetings, ensuring team clarity and communication is optimal across the proposal team, which could be across multiple sites.
- Provide desktop publishing and editing support before reviews and proposal production
- Support management approval and reviews during proposal development
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, discretion, ethical conduct, and professionalism with regard to proprietary and sensitive information
- Provide support during production, including printing, book checking, etc.
- Write persuasively, including executive summaries and other critical components of deliverables such as; past performance volumes, Technical and management volumes, security volumes, resumes, single-voice editing, and capturing actions from meetings with proposal team members, capture teams, and understanding of the business's value proposition
- Provide writing guidance to authors, volume leads, and capture managers to ensure proposals are clear and concise
- Strong aptitude for improving organization, flow, readability, completeness, and clarity of engineering intensive proposals
- Debrief teams after proposal submittal –
- Interview team members on successful or unsuccessful strategies and tactics,
- Facilitate a retrospective assessment on proposals, and refine future proposal strategies, process, templates and training.
- Support the EN and FPR processes, ensuring we take a strategic approach to what the Government is trying to achieve by extending the decision.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top