Mgr. - Operations
This position is on 2nd Shift supporting hours 2:30 pm to 11:00pm, Monday through Friday. Position oversees all production activities related to Safety, Quality, Cost, and Schedule. Ensures the production area and line meets the required schedule while also delivering a quality product to our customer utilizing good business practices. Responsibilities include process improvement and development, planning, and execution of production schedules, personnel management, and administrative operations. This position is also a liaison between other TVS departments, other manufacturing teams, and the customer shift. Experience working with bargaining units critical. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience. Union / bargaining unit experience critical. Required Skills and Education
Required education: Bachelor Degree plus eight years of relevant work experience or six additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- -Ability to supervise, train, and coordinate activities of approximately ten to thirty-five bargaining unit employees (includes Manufacturing, Quality, and/or Materials)
- -Ability for daily planning, coordinating, follow-up, reporting, and evaluating activities required to produce the parts manufactured in assigned area/cell. Ability to ensure quality work and harmonious employee relations
- -Database and Excel computer skills
- -Tech Problem solving (logic and reasoning)
- -Execution – follow through and deliver on results
- -Ability to supervise and lead staff (under pressure and resolve)
- -Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of staff
Preferred Skills and Education Work is performed under the general direction of the Manufacturing manager. Duties require participation in determining objectives of assignment. Individual must possess the skills to arrange their own daily activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- -Maintains a safe and clean work environment and ensures compliance with established safety policies and objectives. —Counsel employees on various matters related to work habits and safety compliance.
- -Coordinate personnel, tools, and parts to ensure production schedule is maintained. Ensure that personnel are treated equally for job requirements and advancements. —Ensure quality is maintained for all operations.
- -Analyze, plan, and coordinate the flow of vehicles / product through the processes in specified areas. Deal directly with the customer to ensure the project meets established contractual requirements. Participate on various teams, committees, and boards and represent Production viewpoints. ·
- - Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations and, controls departmental expense costs and direct/indirect labor.
- -Inform management of any safety, quality, process, and personnel problems. Assist in all areas to increase efficiency. (i.e. Methods to accomplish the job with less personnel or equipment.)
- -Analyze and plan for special projects involving shop personnel or equipment.
- -Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- -Enforce all company policies and procedures. Achieve financial objectives established in annual business plan. Recruit, develop, and retain superior management and key staff members and employees.
- -Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; managing personnel and resources; implementing cost reductions; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process & initiating and fostering cooperation within and between departments.
- -Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- - Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement
The position requires administration of a collective bargaining contract. The position is 80% factory environment interfacing with direct labor personnel and 20% office environment performing administrative duties. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top