Mgr III- Programs
The Senior Capture Manager for the Intelligence Systems organization leads multiple BAE Systems capture activities in support of Intelligence Community Agency customers and related Space markets, focusing on emerging ground-based processing, content management, analytics and information dissemination requirements. Responsibilities include development and execution of capture strategies for new business opportunities. The successful candidate for this position will report to the Vice President of the Intelligence Systems Product Line. This key leadership position will drive growth though the development and execution of capture/campaign strategies, establish a position to win and drive to closure through contract award. This position has direct impact to the long-range viability and financial success of the Intelligence Systems Product Line.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities and collections of opportunities.
- Apply Strategy Development Framework to capture current understanding of critical customers' program goals, assessment of competitive market, and translation of BAE Systems' winning strategy to development of proposed offering.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading execution of customer contact plans related to the capture pursuit.
- Demonstrated experience in building customer intimacy across a variety of customer organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating teaming strategies across multiple partners, primes, and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience formulating pricing strategies applying them to design-to-cost offerings and reflecting them in an integrated technical, management, and price to win strategy.
- Lead the developmentof an integrated offering and work with the assigned proposal manager to ensure win strategies and compliant offering are reflected in submitted proposal. Participate in bid decisions, the development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- In conjunction with Business Development personnel, plan, communicate and gain approval for bid teaming strategy and facilitate negotiation and documentation of teaming agreements.
- Plan and manage new business funds (NBF) budgets for opportunity pursuits and brief executive management to gain approval for each phase of the capture life cycle.
- Manage proposal-required subcontractor relationships, including selection, development of statements of work and management of proposal deliverables.
- Manage compliance with security requirements.
- Work cooperatively with other capture managers and business winning team personnel to support broader based capture efforts in providing consultation, performing reviews, and providing mentorship to less experienced staff.
Location: Reston, VA or San Diego, CA
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top