Mgr III- Program Eng
The Project Technical Lead (Engineering Manager) for BAE Systems Threat Management Solutions (TMS) team will manage all aspects of the design, integration, and test of EO/IR Threat Warning products. The position is located in the Nashua NH, and will require periodic travel to other BAE Systems facilities, including Merrimack NH and other customer sites.
Job functions include:
- Leadership of multiple engineering disciplines (Hardware, Software, Systems, and Test Equipment) to develop the correct technical solution and to meet program cost and schedule commitments
- Coordinate with Program, Operations, and Organizational leadership as required to ensure resources are provided to meet project needs and all information required for the organization to function is properly communicated
- Work with government customers and contracting partners
- Plan, mobilize, execute, and manage projects
- Coordinate and manage the engineering activities on the assigned project(s) to comply with cost, schedule and technical requirements and established engineering practices in order to meet project commitments.
- Serve as the Engineering focal point for the project for integrated plans, issues reporting, risk management, etc.
- Coordinate technical input for proposals and participate in subsequent contract negotiations
- Interface with project management, engineering cost account managers, design teams and functional engineering organizations to obtain agreement on allocated requirements, to resolve/clarify/revise system level requirements issues and ambiguities in configuration item design during the program development phase.
- Review all technical changes to requirements from the program office. Coordinate the analysis of the impact of technical changes to schedule/budget and ensure implementation and consistent design integrity.
- Review and monitor metrics on the project and provide technical support to the program manager.
- Interface with functional engineering organizations to ensure programs are adequately staffed and executed.
- Approve engineering cost account manager assignments for the project.
- Manage risks and opportunities in cooperation with the assigned system engineering manager and across other teams
- Conduct technical bid reviews and independent design reviews
- Coordinate training requirements with functional managers to ensure specific skill sets and capabilities are established and maintained
- Update and maintain IRMS Staffing tool to accurately reflect staffing requirements and functional allocations
- Work with customer to maintain notional schedule of program activities
- Mentor and guide engineers involved in program activities
- Ensure engineering team adhere to all aspects of company policy with respect to security, safety, export control, ethics and engineering rigor
Local candidates preferred as there is no relocation for this position.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top