Mgr III- Eng
BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Operations Manufacturing and Support Engineering Director to oversee a Multi-Site Operations spanning multiple buildings within New Hampshire and Massachusetts consisting of standard work environments and Clean Room Class 5, 6, 7, and 8 environments. The total team consists of approximately 225 employees of which 60 are support engineers. The product mix spans complex laser manufacturing, legacy countermeasure systems, IR missile seekers, Dewar's, and semi-active laser guided rocket systems with a mix of depot, production, and currently ramping (doubling) production programs. The leader will be responsible for leading cost, quality, and delivery improvements with a heightened focus on a Zero Defect Culture. Candidate should be experienced in executive leadership briefings and influence, advanced manufacturing processes and practices, lean 6-sigma techniques, and have a solid understanding of process and compliance to AS9100.
Primary responsibilities are shown below:
- Lead the development and formulation of long and short-range strategic planning, policies, programs and objectives such as improvement of data management tools to meet and improve upon quality, delivery, and cost targets
- Manage capital planning, direct and in-direct expense yearly budgets to minimize overall manufacturing rates
- Directs and monitors factory and tech ops managers to accomplish goals of the program teams within each factory. Acts as liaison between direct management, subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters necessary for the business
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations (OSHA, ESH, ISO, etc.). Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Lead a continuous improvement program (7S, Lean Training, Kaizen implementation) to ensure that assembly and test labor functions are competitive meeting business and program cost requirements.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap. Manage monthly Quality Corrective Action Boards to improve Yield and reduce overall rework.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Utilize all the tools available to drive a Zero Defect culture throughout the factory (Root Cause Corrective Action, Corrective Action Review Board, Kaizen Events and Projects for Green and Black Belts).
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top