Mgr II- Program Eng
BAE Systems is looking for a Product Team Lead (PTL) to establish and manage an effective engineering team to support a large program or several small programs to meet established cost, schedule and technical requirements as defined in the program plan. The PTL works with program managers and functional engineering managers to ensure effective engineering execution on the program.
The PTL coordinates and manages engineering activities on the assigned program(s) to comply with cost, schedule and technical requirements and established engineering practices in order to meet program commitments.
The PTL serves as the engineering focal point for the program for integrated plans, issues reporting, risk management, subcontract management, etc. Coordinates the cost, schedule and technical inputs to support a competitive and executable proposal and obtains the appropriate approvals through engineering management.
- Interfaces with program management, engineering cost account managers, design teams and functional engineering organizations to obtain agreement on allocated requirements, to resolve/clarify/revise system level requirements issues and ambiguities in configuration item design during the program development phase.
- Develops engineering project and plans.
- Ensures that the engineering staff adheres to the approved plans by attending program control meetings, design reviews and by auditing processes, reviewing status and communicating regularly with the cost account managers.
- Reviews all technical changes to requirements. Coordinates the analysis of the impact of technical changes to schedule/budget and ensures implementation and consistent design integrity.
- Reviews and monitors engineering metrics on the program and provides technical support to the program manager.
- Manage system Design to Cost (DTC) and cost reduction activities.
- Interfaces with functional engineering organizations to ensure programs are adequately staffed and executed. Approves engineering cost account manager assignments for the program(s). Assesses all changes to the engineering cost, schedule, technical and risk baseline.
- Collaborates with Performance Excellence to tailor, as appropriate, the processes applicable to projects and programs. Ensures compliance with applicable engineering processes and standards.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top