Mgr II- Pricing
BAE Systems is looking for a Mgr - Pricing in Ft. Walton Beach, FL to manage pricing staff on proposal activities, planning and resources. This is the first level management for the Pricing Function. To apply principles of accounting and statistics to analyze highly complex nontechnical pricing-related aspects of request for proposals and to prepare pricing consistent with Company requirements to maximize potential profit. Ensures estimating methodology and supporting rationale satisfy internal policy and government regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job.
- Manages pricing staff on proposal activities, planning and resources. Prior management experience desired.
- Supports maintaining a Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) approved estimating system.
- Understand and apply the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) requirements/limitations in the proposal process.
- Hands on experience in Pricing Finance or related Program Finance. This position requires hands on proposal effort. It is a detail working manager position.
- Understand Government RFP structure and analyzes RFP's to determine customer's cost proposal requirements to assist proposal managers in developing Company response. Tailors standard formats to meet customer's requirements. Contributes to pricing strategy.
- Understanding of the generation of both product pricing and of services pricing.
- Understanding of the various contract types and the implications on the proposal pricing and strategy.
- Negotiates costs with customer or bidder and interfaces with Company management to develop or review cost proposal for furnishing services, supplies, equipment or other material to the customer.
- Organizes material according to Company practices and terminology. Prepares summaries for incorporation into proposals; provides contract administrators and proposal managers with information needed for the other parts of the cost proposal. Provides insight into competitive pricing practices.
- Coordinates all submissions into consolidated budget and financial forecast. Prepares estimates for cost proposals and justifications.
- Reviews line inputs to ensure that proposal is responsive to the request for proposal and conforms to government regulations. Ensures that proposed materials meet Company standards and constitute a complete package.
- Performs quality assurance review to ensure that all proposal actions relative to pricing are comprehensive, complete and responsive.
- Develops specialized data bases for pricing inputs, revisions and justifications. Prepares reports on various aspects of pricing.
- Collaborates on the determination of cost proposal policies, standards and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or attends audits and fact finding sessions as required.
- Strong Excel skills and be able to use ProPricer
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top