Mgr II- Facilities
BAE Systems Platforms and Services has a current opening for a Facilities Engineer Manager II to support the Combat Vehicles Business Unit in York, PA.
Oversees and manages all assigned Facilities Engineering and Maintenance group activities including the Technical and Capital Planning Department. Provides direct supervision to project personnel; reviews technical progress, evaluates results, and takes action as required; has latitude for unilateral technical actions and decisions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves in capacity of Facilities Maintenance Manager with management/oversight responsibility for all facilities engineering and maintenance activities at the York, PA facility while providing assistance to other sites to include Elgin, OK and Anniston, AL.
- Management/oversight responsibility for maintenance group activities, which includes bargaining unit interaction and understanding of negotiated union contracts.
- Development and implementation of annual maintenance plan including preventative and cyclical maintenance.
- Insures that all project and maintenance activities adhere to proper safety standards, OSHA regulations, ADA compliance, environmental goals.
- Management of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to ensure maximum utilization of capabilities, efficiency, accurate and timely reports.
- Ensures all systems associated with building infrastructure and manufacturing equipment is in operational readiness at all times.
- Supervises technical requirements of assigned projects including monitoring and identifying deviations in budgets, schedules, system performance, supportability, and product ability.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates other engineers/technical personnel depending on organization; recommends and/or initiates personnel actions; evaluates and suggests staffing to ensure maximum utilization of personnel; ensures compliance with BAE Systems and departmental policies and procedures; assigns tasks and performs administrative duties.
- Contributes to or leads the development of technical and/or management volume(s) of proposals.
- Coordinates with appropriate technical and support groups to ensure designs meet standards and performance requirements.
- Prepares reports for management and customers concerning project progress. Assists in planning of projects by evaluating requirements and developing schedules, budgets, and personnel requirements.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Indirect Reports:YesBudget Responsibility:YesRevenue Responsibility:NoProblem Solving:Selects appropriate alternative sources of information and utilizes them to evaluate situations, with supervision.Area of Impact:Primarily on a Program or Line of Business.Nature of Impact:Impacts quality, timeliness of results, planning and revenues or budget.Interpersonal Skills:Developed communication skills to exchange complex information.Negotiation Skills:Negotiates mainly internally, at higher levels, and occasionally with external relationships.Project Management:Project/Program team member.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top