Mgr II- Eng Weld
The Weld Engineering Manager provides technical leadership for the support functions related to the integrated fabrication of large, complex structures. This includes Weld Engineering, Non Destructive Testing, Weld School & Welder Qualification and large structure machining processes.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Directs and manages all functions of Weld Engineering. Provides both direct and indirect management of 15-20 weld engineers and CNC programmers across multiple sites.
- Directs and manages resources and processes responsible for design for manufacturing, manufacturing process planning and the application of continued/advanced lean manufacturing techniques.
- Provides leadership and management to maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance to safety objectives and policies.
- Defining the requirements and the selection of capital equipment.
- Preparing, monitoring, and controlling budgets and schedules, reporting on technical, cost, and schedule status.
- Guiding others to develop creative and innovative solutions to problems;
- Preparing, presenting, and defending project technical results and recommendations to external customers and internal management;
- Contributing to the development of BAE Systems' strategic direction and helping guide the execution of the strategic/technical plans within large structure machining discipline;
- Advising management on new developments and evolving organizational needs and required technical competencies;
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles associated with large structure machining in guiding and reviewing project direction and outcomes to research, plan, analysis, design, and developing innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems of significant breadth, often encompassing major systems;
- Working collaboratively with design engineering, manufacturing and quality to specify methods of manufacturing, machine tool, industrial equipment, tooling and gauging needs and developing manufacturing processes which represent the most cost effective means to meet customer requirements;
- Responsible for results of assigned functional staff and overseeing all personnel related activities including performance management, career development, coaching, training, hiring and resolution of inter/intra group conflict.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top